Tuesday was a good day for gun safety. We are pleased to congratulate our 11 endorsed gun safety champions on their victory in the primary for the Illinois General Assembly.
Each of these candidates have demonstrated a strong commitment to life-saving gun violence prevention policies. The voters have spoken up loudly in favor of safer communities. G-PAC and Giffords look forward to supporting these candidates in the general election this year.
The winning candidates include:
• Iris Martinez (Senate District 20)
• Lamont Robinson (House District 5)
• Kelly Cassidy (House District 14)
• Jennifer Gong-Gershowitz (House District 17)
• Robert Martwick (House District 19)
• Elizabeth Hernandez (House District 24)
• Justin Slaughter (House District 27)
• Robert Rita (House District 28)
• Thaddeus Jones (House District 29)
• Mary Flowers (House District 31)
• Daniel Didech (House District 59)
We are proud to support these gun safety advocates and look forward to working with them to make communities safe throughout Illinois. Our work is far from over. We need all of our allies in the House and Senate to stand up to the gun lobby and override the Governor’s veto of the Gun Dealers Licensing Act. Families deserve to live free from gun violence and this bill will save lives by keeping illegal guns off our streets.
Well done, Voters! Now, please keep the pressure on for the veto override vote by emailing your lawmakers today.
Giffords is a nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives from gun violence. Led by former Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords and her husband, Navy combat veteran and retired NASA astronaut Captain Mark Kelly, Giffords inspires the courage of people from all walks of life to make America safer.
G-PAC is the only organization in Illinois working to elect candidates committed to protecting our families, children and communities from gun violence.